For more information please call 972-488-9622 or Contact Us
Tempest Arcade Game
One of the most beloved classic arcade games of the early 80’s, Tempest!
The object of Tempest is simple…but very challenging to master.
You control a yellow crab-shaped shooter that travels along the outside rim of a 3-dimensional tunnel, shooting enemies down the alleys of the tunnel while avoiding any coming towards you. The tunnel takes on many different forms, and the shooter has a special “Super Zapper” that enables it to kill all enemies present in the tunnel.
Tempest is most recognizable for its uniquely shaped cabinet and beautiful full sideart. Tempest was the first color vector monitor arcade game.
This game has been well taken care of of and comes to us from a local collectors private collection. The cabinet is in fantastic condition with no signs of moisture damage or swelling.
Since taking ownership we have done the following restoration to this game:
– New T-Molding installed around the perimeter of the cabinet
– New Leg Levelers
– Cabinet cleaned inside and out
– A few minor blemishes touched up on exterior of cabinet
– Repainted coindoor
– Brand new marquee overlay and marquee light fixture installed
– Brand new control pane overlay installed
– New black leaf switch push button(s) for FIRE and SUPER ZAPPER
– Rebuilt original 19″ Color Vector Wells Gardner Monitor
– New LV Upgrade PCB installed on monitor chassis for long lasting reliability
This game is 38 years old and you will be hard pressed to find a much better looking example of this game we have here. If you’ve been looking for a beautiful example of Tempest…this IS the one to own.