For more information please call 972-488-9622 or Contact Us
Popeye Arcade Game *
“I’m strong to the finish, cause I eats me spinach”
Here is a great old classic arcade game that is becoming very hard to find
The object of the game is for Popeye to collect a certain number of items dropped by Olive Oyl, depending on the level — 24 hearts, 16 musical notes, or 24 letters in the word HELP — while avoiding the Sea Hag, Brutus and other dangers. The player can make Popeye walk back and forth and up and down stairs and ladders with a 4-way joystick. There is a punch button, but unlike similar games of the period, no jump button. Conversely, Brutus can jump down a level, or merely stoop and reach down into the level below, and he can also jump up to hit Popeye if he is directly above.
Despite the feature of a punch button, Popeye cannot attack Brutus directly. Instead, the button is used for the following:
- Punching destroys items that could hurt Popeye such as bottles, vultures and skulls.
- Each level has a can of spinach; punching these cans will give Popeye invincibility and he can knock out Brutus just by running into him, although after a few seconds Brutus will swim back out and be ready for action again.
This game has been fully cosmetically restored with the following new parts installed.
– Brand new cabinet. Yes, BRAND NEW Arcade Cabinet!
– New side art, coin entry decal and monitor bezel instruction decal
– Repainted Coin door and marquee mounting brackets
– Beautiful original 20″ Sanyo EZ20 Monitor has just been fully rebuilt with new capacitors.
– Brand new Happy Control 4-Way Ball Joystick
– Brand new Monitor Bezel Artwork
– Board PCB upgraded with High Score Save/Free Play Kit.
Bottom line….YOU WILL NOT find a better looking & playing Popeye Arcade Game. Rare opportunity to own this desirable game that is in MINT condition.
Includes 30 Day Warranty.